SkinPen is the safest, most effective microneedling device that offers state-of-the-art skin rejuvenating technology. SkinPen stimulates the natural production of new collagen and elastin in the skin through optimized micro-channel creation, encouraging your skin to look and feel healthier.
Advantages to SkinPen:
- treats fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks, and skin texture
- minimally invasive, non-ablative treatment
- superior safety profile
- quick and simple in-office procedure
HOW SKINPEN WORKS
The SkinPen treatment temporarily creates thousands of micro-channels which allows superior penetration and diffusion of topicals during and post-procedure without ablation or introduction of thermal energy. Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT), or microneedling, is the procedure by which the body’s natural response to healing is used to increase the amount of extracellular matrix such as collagen or elastin in the skin. The micro-channel “injuries” created by the SkinPen are enough to initiate the wound healing cascade which is composed of three basic phases.
The depth of the SkinPen needles can be adjusted in length to fit the patient’s needs and anatomy. Treatments with SkinPen are typically tolerated very well by patients, many reporting that they feel little-to-no discomfort during the procedure.
Typical post-treatment effects:
- Day 1: Mild to moderate swelling and redness, similar to a mild sunburn. There may be some mild bruising as well.
- Day 2: Some persisting redness may be present, but all redness bruising and swelling should be diminishing.
- Day 3: Most redness, bruising and swelling should be nearly gone. Normal appearance with makeup may be achieved.
- Day 4: Appear mostly normal at this point with some minor swelling.