During winter months, the skin can benefit tremendously from more aggressive treatments. It is a great time to give your skin the recovery time it needs from the sun. Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT), or microneedling, is the procedure by which the body’s natural response to healing is used to increase the amount of extracellular matrix such as collagen or elastin in the skin. SkinPen, a type of microneedling, is a wonderful option for those that want to change their skin without significant downtime.
SkinPen is the safest, most effective style of microneedling. The SkinPen treatment temporarily creates thousands of micro-channels which allow enhanced penetration and infusion of topicals during the treatment and post-procedure without ablation or introduction of thermal energy. The micro-channel “injuries” created by the SkinPen are enough to initiate a wound healing cascade which is composed of three basic phases: injury, tissue proliferation, and tissue remodeling. This process helps to stimulate the body’s natural production of collagen and elastin in the skin. As a result of this treatment, patients can expect healthier, more beautiful and radiant skin..
Benefits of SkinPen:
• Addresses and treats fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks, and skin texture
• Treatment is minimally invasive with little downtime
• Quick and simple in-office procedure
The depth of the SkinPen needles can be adjusted in length to fit the patient’s specific concerns, needs and anatomy. Treatments with SkinPen are typically tolerated very well by patients, many reporting that they feel little-to-no discomfort during the procedure.
Typical post-treatment effects:
• Day 1: Mild to moderate swelling and redness, similar to a mild sunburn.
• Day 2: Some slight redness may still be present, but all bruising and swelling should be diminishing.
• Day 3: Most redness, bruising and swelling should be virtually gone. Normal appearance with makeup is achievable
• Day 4: Skin appears mostly normal at this point with only some minor swelling.
Call our office (512) 327-5337 to learn if SkinPen is right for you