By Dr Jeffrey Hall – Follow me on Google+
Doing your own research on non-invasive, non-surgical cosmetic treatments can prove to be a very frustrating process for many people. There is so much information out there about the next big thing, and it is hard to trust the information that is being put out to the public. Thankfully, Dr. Hall has done his research on these non-invasive therapies, and has incorporated the best of them into his practice. Here is his list of the top 5 non-invasive cosmetic procedures.
- Ultherapy: Ultherapy is a revolutionary treatment that uses ultrasound to tighten skin. It is ideal for patients who have minor to moderate skin-laxity in the face and neck. The procedure itself lasts about two and a half hours, and there is moderate pain involved due to the ultrasound delivering heat directly to the muscle. This pain is normal, and is reflective of the level of depth on which the treatment is working. Ultherapy truly is state-of-the-art technology for non-invasive skin tightening.
- CoolSculpting: Coolsculpting harnesses the power of temperature in order to reduce fat in localized areas. The device uses cryolypolosis, or it freezes fat cells, in order to kill them. Once the fat cells die, your body naturally processes them out through the lymphatic system. The changes are gradual, and it can take up to 3 months to see your final result. CoolSculpting is FDA approved for non-invasive fat reduction.
- Dermal Fillers: Dermal fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane, or Radiesse are a great option to replenish volume in the face where collagen breaks down over time. They can give dramatic or subtle results, with stages in between. These dermal fillers are great for areas of the face with deep wrinkles, such as the naso-labial folds and the marionette lines. Restylane is even FDA approved to plump lips that are lacking in volume. These fillers typically last anywhere between 6-12 months, but when used to full correction, can last even longer.
- Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin: Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin are all products that use a version of botulinumtoxinA in order to relax the muscles that cause fine lines and wrinkles. These products have been on the market for a while, but continuously produce great results. Pain is very minimal, and results last 3-4 months.
- Skin Rejuvenating Laser Treatments: Semi-Ablative laser treatments such as Pixel or AFT are great ways to maintain your skin’s youthfulness. Pixel is a laser designed to retexture the skin in order to minimize pore size, fine lines, and wrinkles. AFT is a laser that is used to remove pigment from the skin, and best targets sunspots or age spots, but can also help alleviate broken capillaries or red spots. As a nice side effect, both of these laser treatments can help boost collagen in the treated area to help make your face look even more youthful. Recovery time with these procedures is about 7 days, and results depend on the starting condition of the patient’s skin.
We hope these tips have been informative and helpful in making the decision to invest in the vitality of your skin. There are so many advertisements for anti-aging products and procedures, but we at Hall Plastic Surgery and Rejuvenation Center firmly believe that these treatments are the best non-surgical ways to turn back the clock without going under the knife.